Pages

Sunday 6 January 2019

Activity 3: Weird and Wonderful

Activity 3: Weird and Wonderful [10 points]

New Zealand is just one of many countries that has amazing plants and trees. In fact, the African desert is home to some pretty incredible plants, like the cactus. Some cacti are able to survive on as little as 3 millilitres (ml) of water a day. Wow!

Let’s imagine that you are given a cactus for your birthday. To keep it alive, you must give it 3 ml of water every day.

Over one full year, how much water will you need to give your cactus plant?
On your blog, tell us how to solve this math problem. You can write your answer in words, use a Sketchpad image, or post a video explaining how you would figure it out. Be sure to give us your final answer in millilitres (ml).



4 comments:

  1. Hi Kestrel...great to see you blogging on the SLJ. There's still some time to complete the activities before school begins - how many more can you get done? Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kestrel,

    My name is Georgia and I am the Kaikohekohe (Northland) Cluster Manager so work mainly with the tamariki in my area. Today, however, I am helping out Sophie and her commenting team as Manaiakalani has been so busy!

    I noticed for this activity you have posted the instructions, however, have forgotten to include the calculation of how much water the cactus needs and the answer. In order to get full points for this activity, you will need to tell us how to solve this maths problem. You can write your answer simply in words, use a Sketchpad image, or post a video explaining how you would figure it out. Make sure you final answer is in millilitres (ml).

    Please comment below once you have done and I can change our results to ensure you get full points for this activity!

    Nga mihi,
    Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kestrel !
    I'm Annelise, a year seven at Otaki College. I like how you showed the problem, and it is easy to understand. One thing I think you could work on was how you solved the problem, that would be great!
    Feel free to visit my blog.
    Annelise :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kestrel I am Olivia from Otaki college. I really liked your post. I learnt a lot about the cactus that I never knew.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.