Pages

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Fabulous Ferns

Activity 2: Fabulous Ferns [4 points]

One of the most common plants found in New Zealand forests is the fern. It is a special, iconic symbol
of New Zealand. You will find pictures of ferns on the jerseys of many famous sporting teams in New Zealand, including the New Zealand All Blacks.
Did you know that many of these teams also have the word ‘fern’ in their name? Use your best researching skills to find three New Zealand sporting teams who use the word ‘fern’ in their title.

On your blog list three sports teams that have the word ‘fern’ in their title. Beside each team’s name, post a picture of their uniform. Then, at the bottom of your blog post tell us which of the three uniforms you like best and why.




Silver Ferns                                     
Black Ferns                             
Tall Ferns
Image result for silver ferns uniform clothesImage result for black ferns uniform clothesImage result for tall ferns uniform clothes



My Favourite uniform is the black ferns uniform because it is my favourite sports at school.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Kestrel. You really showed a lot of skills on the netball courts this year. Keep on blogging and learning from the summer learning journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kestrel,

    I'm Evelyn and I am working with the Summer Learning Journey team for 2018-2019 to read and follow amazing blog posts like yours! I am so excited to read what pops into that wonderful brain of yours and hope you are having fun on this journey!

    You have found three sports teams in New Zealand with the name "fern" in them, fantastic job! I like your reason for why the Silver Ferns' uniform is your favourite. It's wonderful to see your teacher follow you on this journey! Do you like your school uniform or do you prefer to wear your own clothes to school everyday? When I was at school, I enjoyed wearing a school uniform because it saved me time since I didn't have to pick what I wanted to wear every morning.


    Happy blogging,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.